Yay! At last, I finally got my first BB Cream (BlackBerry? ;-P)! ✌ Blemish Balm Cream craze is of course courtesy of none other our Koreans unni's (sisters)! Nice eh! :-D BB Cream works both as a make up (used as a foundation, concealer), and as a skin care product (clears blemishes and helps improve overall skin appearance). So it's truly like the must have beauty product...it says to work like magic, just look at those porcelain-like skins of the Hallyu stars! Voila! Being the Hallyu fanatic that I am, BB cream is it! ✌
|I ❤ Skin Food Red Bean BB Cream with SPF 20 45ml at Php 1450! ;-D|
I've been reading several reviews of BB creams from Etude House, but wasn't able to find any significant review for the Red Bean BB cream except for one. So I'm kinda saying a silent prayer that I made a good buy! I frequent The Face Shop (TFS) because I'm in ❤ with their cleansing facial wipes, so I'm kinda familiar with the price range. But Skin Food's products are way more pricey than TFS'. Skin Food claims to have better offerings and luxuries than the popular mineral-based make up, even among the other Korean brands, because it's actually made of food ingredients that nourishes the skin.
|Skin Food SM City Iloilo Branch|
So I bravely walk over the Skin Food shop in SM City Iloilo, oh well, since I was basically feeling like a tourist there, and felt that I can get away from window shopping just in case, I feasted my eyes on those Skin Food loots. And then,when the time of reckoning came, I'm sold with the Red Bean BB cream, and Sweet Potato Cushion Pact. ;-P
|My Shade is No. 1 Light Beige|
Product Description: A hydrating BB cream with red beans that nourishes and moisturizes rough skin while providing natural yet flawless coverage, even when applied in a thin layer. Contains SPF 20.
To use: After your daily skin care regimen, apply an even layer onto the face in upward and outward motions.
Skin Food Sweet Potato Hydra Cushion Pact SPF 25
|Skin Food Sweet Potato Hydra Cushion Pact SPF 25 Natural Shade 10g at Php 1375|
Product Description: A moist, creamy, and velvety-smooth powder pact with UV protection containing sweet potato and milk extracts.
So what's to ❤?
|Fresh out of bath pre Skin Food BB cream application...sadly, I'm actually sporting a pimple zone on my forehead! :-(|
|Post BB Cream Application: Sheer Finish, provides coverage of my age spots of my right cheek, and my pimple zone.|
|Final Touch: For a more shine free look, I used Skin Food Sweet Potato Hydra Cushion Pact with SPF 25. :-D|
|To complete the look & finish off the photo opportunity :-D... blush, lip gloss, & basic eye makeup!|
- I've been on it for a week now, so far I'm not having any breakouts, which from reviews others experience from the other BB Cream lines. I even slept on it, much like a night cream, just to test it out (but not recommended!). ;-D
- It could be a placebo effect, or also that my mind is working overly positive, it seems my pimple zone is clearing up thanks to BB cream, plus among other things (facial scrub, moisturizer all the time, medicated cream, anti-oxidants overload to compensate for my elusive good night's sleep!)
- It's so easy to use, lightweight and non greasy. Surprisingly, I even applied moisturizer before applying it on, but it still provides sheer coverage all day.
- On my lazy day (which is most of the time! haha!✌), after my morning skin care ritual, I just put on the BB cream, nothing else after that. But I still get that stay fresh look until lunch time. Oh blame the summer heat, when I actually felt sweaty, I dabbed on the Skin Food Pact, to keep me stay looking fresh all day long, and for that silky feel and finish. ;-P
- The Cushion Pact looks so girly, stylish, and as functional as expected, just the way I ❤ things are! ✌ Although, I prefer to use my ever dependent Body Shop powder brush, instead of the provided puff.
- Since I intend to get my money's worth so I'll be milking them to their lives' fullest, up until I finally get that blemished-free, and Hallyu star like skin. ✌
Saranghaeyo! ❤ ❤ ❤ I'm looking forward to another dose of retail therapy at Skin Food. Oh, what to buy?! For more of my Skin Food ravings, please visit here.
P.S. Just in case you haven't joined yet, please check out my Skin Food Cosmetic Purses and Nail Vita Giveaway! :-D